Saturday 31 March 2012

Smurf Village Cake



This is my smurf village cake!
whoop whoop!
so0o0o0o0o0......
I first saw the lil figures at my local baking shop so was eager to use them...
then a friend of mine asked me to make him a smurf bday cake!
n i was like...yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But when I went to actually buy the smurfs they were all grumpy :(
but no one seemed to care.
I wanted to use a grass tip for the grass... but it was kinda expensive... so i got over it.
Then I was gna make the grass out of coconut... but I don't really like coconut and i thought I would just make a mess out of it.
But i think the grass came out ok.
I made the mushroom houses from 2 cupcakes... the bridge is made out of kit-kat and the sign is white chocolate :) and the smurfs and flowers are fondant(I bought these).
O!!!!!
and the best part!
Its a vanilla cake which I coloured using blue food colouring :D
This was a nice surprise when the birthday boy cut it :)

1 comment: